How to Send a Meeting Request in Outlook
In the fast-paced world of business, effective communication is important. Regular meetings in person and via Teams are important to ensure your employees are on the same page and that all projects progress seamlessly. Microsoft Outlook offers you the ability to easily manage meeting requests.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of sending a meeting request in Outlook.
Step 1: Create a New Meeting Request in Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the Calendar.
- Click on the “New Event” button.
- Fill in the meeting details such as the subject, location, start and end time.
Step 2: Add Attendees and Resources
- In the “To” field, enter the email addresses of the participants.
- Use the “Scheduling Assistant” in the top left hand corner to check attendees’ availability and find a suitable time slot.
- You can also add resources like conference rooms or equipment required for the meeting.
Step 3: Set Reminders and Notifications
- Set a reminder to ensure attendees don’t miss the meeting.
- Choose when you want to receive notifications, like when attendees accept or decline the invitation.
Step 4: Send Your Meeting Request
- Review your meeting details, attendees, and timing.
- Click “Send” to dispatch the invitation to all participants.
Step 6: Track and Follow Up with Attendees
- Use Outlook’s tracking feature to monitor responses.
- Crossware’s tools also enable you to track engagement, allowing you to follow up effectively.
Sending a meeting request in Outlook is a fundamental skill for efficient communication in a professional setting.