Do you wish to learn how to export Outlook Emails by date and time? That’s something that a lot of our readers have been asking about. Outlook is probably the biggest mail client for businesses around the world. You are here because you now wish to export emails falling into a specific date and time range. Let’s assume that you wish to export emails sent between 1 January 2023 and 23 May 2023. You will be exporting these emails to CSV (Excel)? How do you choose the correct date range? And how do you convert the resultant document into Excel?
How to choose a date range when exporting Outlook emails
The following is how to export Outlook emails by date and time;
- Open Outlook and click on File.
- Choose Open & Export.
- Click on Import/Export.
- Click on Open to a file and click on the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (pst) and click on Next.
- Choose the folder from which you wish to make your export. In this case, we will be exporting emails from our Inbox.
- Now click on the Filters button.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Define more criteria, type Modified, Created or Received as needed. In this instance, we will be exporting messages that were received.
- Now you can type your specific date range. An example would be 2023/01/01 and 2023/01/04.
- Now click Add to list.
- Click on Ok and then on the Next.
- Choose whether you wish to Export duplicate emails. In this case, we will choose not to export them.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Choose a folder for the export and name the file.
- Click on the Finish button.
- You have the option to add a password to the file.
Converting the file to Excel
That’s how to export Outlook emails by date and time. However, you will notice that the file that we have created above is a .pst file. That’s an Outlook data file.
It can only be opened in Outlook. If you wish to get an Excel file, you will have to convert the .pst file to that format. The good news is that there are a lot of converters that you can use online for this purpose. Here is a good example.
Simply upload the .pst file and it will be exported to an Excel file free of charge.
Why export Outlook emails by date and time range?
Now you know how to export Outlook email by date and time range. You also have options to export your files by other parameters. So, why choose a date and time?
As a business, it’s likely that you receive a lot of emails every day. Being able to filter them is one great way of managing the lot. Otherwise, you could end up having thousands of messages in the CSV file that you are looking to export.
Try out Crossware
Crossware is one of the best email signature management solutions that you will be able to find anywhere out there. Our software provides businesses with a suite of tools that enable them to create and manage email signatures that bring results.
We fully understand that an email signature is not just for show. It’s something that we have dwelt on extensively on this site. Email signatures provide information about you and your company to people reading your messages.
They can also be used for marketing purposes. As an example, you can feature some products or offer a discount using a banner in your email signature. The challenge for most people comes in creating signatures that look good on all screens.
That’s where we come in as Crossware. Our drag-and-drop blocks make it easy to come up with the best email signatures for your company. We make it easy for businesses to create signatures that are not only responsive but ones that are compliant with different legal requirements around the world.
Sign up for the free Crossware trial today to get started.