How To Set Up A Signature In Outlook
Setting up and maintaining a consistent email signature in Outlook is vital for every business owner. Over 400 million people utilise Outlook for business and personal emails every day, and if you’ve only recently migrated over to Outlook you may be wondering how to set up your custom email signature.
Outlook and Crossware offer a range of email signature customisation features. Whether you’re looking to simply create consistency in your emails or inspire creativity with a custom signature design, here is our step-by-step guide on how to set up a signature in Outlook.
Struggling to set up and manage your email Signature consistently? Check out Crossware’s Email Signature Management platform, the perfect signature management solution for large enterprises around the world.
How To Set Up A Signature In Outlook.com
If you find yourself migrating to a new email platform or changing devices, you likely won’t have immediate access to the Outlook App.
Creating an email signature before you start sending emails to clients and potential customers is vital in ensuring clarity and brand consistency. To set up your signature in Outlook.com, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the gear icon for your Settings. Then click on ‘View all Outlook Settings’.
- In the settings window that opens, click on ‘Compose and Reply’.
- Scroll down to the section labelled ‘Email Signature’.
- In the text box below it, you’ll see a space where you can type your signature and format it appropriately. If you have a pre-designed signature, you can also choose to add any images you’d like to add.
- Once you’re satisfied with your signature, beneath the signature space you’ll find the option to add the signature as your default. You can choose whether you want a signature to apply only to new messages, only to replied-to messages or to both.
- Click ‘Save’ once you’re satisfied with your signature to ensure it saves.
Outlook allows for a range of formatting options in your email signature to add personality and any important information that you wish for clients, customers or partners to be aware of. If you wish, you can also choose to create a custom email signature image in a separate app and insert your signature directly as an image with the ‘Insert Pictures inline’ button.
How To Set Up A Signature In the Outlook App
Setting Up A Signature On PC
When first migrating over to Outlook, one of the essential steps to the migration process is to download the Outlook.com app on your PC or Mac. Once you’ve downloaded the app, the next step is to add your signature to ensure your emails are consistent and professional across the board. To do this, you simply:
- Click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner and select ‘View all Outlook settings’.
- Click ‘Compose and reply’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Email Signature’ section. It will be further down the page.
- Add your custom signature and format it however you like.
Setting Up A Signature On Mac
If you use a Mac rather than a Windows PC, setting up your email signature follows a slightly different process. You can choose between either copy-pasting a pre-created signature into your signature space, or design the signature directly.
- Open Outlook on Mac and go to the tools menu, then click Preferences.
- Click on Signatures to open the signatures section.
- Click the ‘+’ button on the bottom left-hand corner to create a new email signature, then select Edit.
- Create your new signature directly in the box, OR copy and paste your pre-designed signature and click save. If you’ve got a pre-designed signature that you’d like to use, this is when you can add it now. Otherwise you can create a basic signature directly into the box.
- Once the signature is created, set the signature as the default. You can set it as the default by going to ‘New Messages’ and selecting the name of the signature you’ve just created.
How To Set Up A Signature In Outlook Mobile App
If you find yourself working away from your computer often, you may find yourself required to edit your signature from your mobile phone.
If you have the Outlook Mobile App, you can add a fairly simple email signature by doing the below:
- Open the Outlook Mobile App.
- Tap the account image in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap the gear icon at the bottom left to open your account settings.
- Tap ‘Signature’ to open the signatures section of your settings.
- Add any information you need – You can only add more limited information on the mobile app so we’d suggest adjusting your signature on a PC (or through the Crossware Email Signature Platform) if you want something more complex.
- Hit the tick on the top right to finish your set up and save it.
Need to streamline your email signature management?
Adding an email signature to your personal Outlook email address is fairly straightforward, but if you work for a larger company where multiple email signatures need to be regularly updated for dozens or even hundreds of employees, it can be complicated, time-consuming and frustrating.
Crossware’s email signature solution allows you to instantly and universally adjust the email signatures for your entire organisation, creating and establishing standardised email signatures across staff to ensure brand consistency while removing the pain and frustration of trying to get staff to do it manually.
If you’re looking to transition to Outlook and need a seamless email signature management Solution, or you wish to wave goodbye to hours of manual Email Signature updates, get in touch with our team today.