Do you wish to install the Microsoft Outlook desktop application? We are going to show you how it’s done in this article. Outlook is the email client from Microsoft. It forms part of Microsoft 365, a suite of web-based applications that a lot of businesses and individuals use around the world. You are here because you now wish to use Outlook on your desktop. That makes it easy to switch from working from your computer to the cloud.
Setting Up Outlook for DesktopNote that you need to have a license to use Microsoft 365. The following is how to download and install the Outlook desktop app onto your computer;
- Log into the Microsoft portal. Enter your email or phone number and then type in your password.
- Once logged in, click on Install Office. You will see the button to the right of your screen.
- Next, click on Office 365 apps. Note that you will not just get Outlook. It comes bundled in with other apps including OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. If you already have some of these apps installed on your computer, they will be replaced by the new installations. That’s okay.
- You will get an OfficeSetup.exe file on your computer. Click on it.
- Confirm that you wish to proceed with the installation.
- Office apps will start downloading onto your computer. This may take a while depending on how fast your internet is.
- When done, click on Close.
- Now click on the Start menu on your computer and search for Outlook.
- Click on the Outlook app.